At Robert Peel Lower School we aim to:
- · build upon previous stages of learning that begin with a child’s early mathematical experiences at home.
- · develop confidence and enthusiasm within the subject.
- · enable children to become fluent with facts and recall these quickly
- · develop their understanding and ability to reason about mathematical findings
- · teach the children to apply their learning to solve problems in maths’ lessons, other subjects and real life situations.
- · provide opportunities for the children to apply maths in different situations. e.g. measuring in Science and creating symmetrical patterns in art.